- The maintenance of accounts that faithfully reflect financial activities and enable the provision of accurate and timely financial reports and other information pertaining to the receipt and use of funds, including to UNON clients, Member States, the Office of Internal Oversight Services and the Board of Auditors;
- The accurate and timely processing of budgetary authorizations, financial transactions and related financial management services, including the issuance of allocations and advances, the approval and processing of payments and payroll and the management of bank accounts and cash;
- The preparation, presentation and justification of budgets to senior management, the Office of Programme Planning, Budget and Accounts, ACABQ and the General Assembly as well as to UNON clients in respect of extra budgetary services;
- The maintenance of financial and budgetary control to ensure that expenditures comply with the Financial Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, reflect the effective and efficient use of resources, accord with the purposes for which funds were provided and do not exceed authorized limits and available income;
- The provision of advice to UNON clients, staff, management and Member States on the use of financial and budgetary resources.
BFMS is headed by Mr. Chris Kirkcaldy, Deputy Director, Division of Administrative Services and Chief, BFMS who reports to the Director of the Division of Administrative Services UNON.
BFMS comprises two Sections:
- Budget Section
- Accounts Section
All inquiries related to BFMS in general or any of the two main sections of the Service may be channeled through:
BFMS hotline: +254-20-762 4998 or Email: BFMSInfo@unon.org