COVID-19 information for UN staff
At the United Nations Office in Nairobi (UNON), we are doing our utmost to ensure the health, safety and security of our over 3,000 staff, their families and communities. In line with this commitment, we have put in place quarantine measures for United Nations staff returning to Kenya from overseas and equipped the UN Joint Medical Service in Nairobi with full resources required to provide 24/7 medical and psychological support for staff and their families.
UNON COVID-19 Hotline: +254 20 762 1717 (Mon-Fri)
For medical emergencies, call JMS: +254 724 255378 (24/7)
In order to enable business continuity, while ensuring staff wellbeing, the following measures are in place:
- Access to UN complex is restricted to critical staff required on site (medical, security, IT services, logistics, facilities and compound management required to sustain critical functions)
- All non-critical services are suspended until further notice.
- Thermal screening is taking place at compound entry points.
Joint Medical Services (JMS):
- Medical and security services are available to ALL staff and dependents.
- Medical isolation facilities are available, with clinical management taking place via home-based care